Big Bend Day Two
Got up early to drive to the mountains area of the park. Took almost an hour to get there. Found parking at the trail head and started up Lost Mine trail. Nice hike with a lot of switch backs. Up at the top was a beautiful view. Talked to several people and relaxed and had a snack up there. One odd thing I noticed was I was the only female out of the 12-15 people. Just weird timing I guess. Everyone was friendly so I didn't worry.
Lots of people coming up the trail as I was going down. Got crowdeed pretty quickly so glad I went early.
From there I headed down to the Chisos visitor center. Small place but I got my stamp and decided on a second hike in the mountains since it was only about 1pm.
The second hike was called The Window. And it takes you to the pour over for the Chisos mountain basin. Nice hike and since it was the pour over canyon there were lots of trees & vegetation. Which of course brings the birds in. Saw lots of different species and even had a Mexican Jay sing to me for a bit. The trail was nicely done at the end and the pour over was smooth rock from all the years of sand and gravel polishing it during the rainy season.
The drive back was long. But I did manage to get a few sunset pictures. Saw two coyotes and lots of rabbits.
Comments
Post a Comment